Mennonite Girls Can Cook is a collection of recipes which were posted daily for a period of ten years from 2008 to 2018. We have over 3,000 delicious recipes that we invite you to try. The recipes can be accessed in our recipe file by category or you can use the search engine.

Recipe Search

Hot Fudge Cake


 This quick and easy recipe shared by a friend has become a long time favorite by now ... always a crowd-pleaser. 

Ingredients:
  • 1 chocolate cake mix
  • 1 can cherry pie filling
  • 2 eggs
Mix above ingredients (don't add what the box says to add) and bake in 9 X 13 (or slightly larger) pan, about 30 min. Serve with ice cream and hot fudge sauce.

Fudge sauce:
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup baking cocoa, sifted
  • 3/4 cup cream or evaporated milk
  • ½ cup corn syrup
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
Cook in small pot (stirring) over medium heat until it boils. Boil 2 min. Add 1 tsp vanilla and butter. We like it served quite warm. Keep in fridge and reheat when needed.

16 comments:

  1. my mouth just watered :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now THAT sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cut it to 1 egg, add a tsp of almond extract and ditch the fudge sauce. Fast, easy, travels well to things like picnics!

    Or do the fudge sauce and bring on the decadence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I make this every so often, adding 2 tsp of almond extract to the batter. Your presentation with the strawberry looks so nice. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delicious and it really doesn't sound all that high in fat or calories either. I will definitely be trying this yummy cake.
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello! I can't find an email address on the site; I'm interested in becoming a sponsor of MGCC. My site is:

    http://OurHappyHomestead.com

    Please drop me an email at dave@ourhappyhomestead.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks too easy....just 3 ingredients, I will have to make this on the weekend when the kids come.
    Thanks
    alvina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm very thankful to the author for posting such an amazing post...

    ReplyDelete
  9. What size can of cherries do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  10. PJ - I don't have a can on hand right now, but it's about 540 ml (19 fl. Oz) Be sure it's cherry pie filling - not canned cherries.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh! How easy and soooo delicious!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am definitely liking this recipe! So easy and so tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that looks amazing - going to add that one fore sure

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just pulled this cake out of the oven and am "sampling" the first piece with the hot fudge sauce-excellent! I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete